I recently installed IntenseDebate on my blog and started playing around with the tools available to me. I noticed that I can easily stats of posts and comments…something I hadn’t really looked at before.
What are my most commented posts from 2008? See below.
- Blu Domain: Poor Service Defined – 54 comments
- Better to be a Generalist or Expert – 11 comments
- Some Thoughts on Sitecore CMS – 10 comments
- The Worst Reason for Not Hiring Someone? – 9 comments
- Web 2.0 in the Enterprise – 9 comments
In addition to the top commented posts, I can now see my average ‘comments per post’…which is a measly 0.89 comments per post. This is a bit strange since I’ve got 655 comments on 314 Posts…which should be 2.09 comments per post.
After reviewing some of the data, I noticed that IntenseDebates’s numbers are for comments only and not trackbacks (which makes sense). With that knowledge, I guess I’m getting 0.89 comments per post and 1.2 trackbacks per post.
Its amazing that a rant I posted about Blu Domain’s horrible customer service is my number one commented post.