2009 is half over and its been a pretty good year so far.
What’s transpired this year?
- In February, I put my consulting practice on hold to join the Boy Scouts of America full time after working with them for 1.5 years as a consultant. Previous to starting full-time, I’d been leading the Sitecore Content Management System implementation and since going full-time have been involved in some major technology and marketing initiatives. It’s been fun and an education in how non-profits are run.
- I’ve just finished year #2 in the Doctoral program. Only X number of years left (i have no idea what X actually is…probably 3 to 4 more years).
- I’ve held up my resolutions for the year fairly nicely. I used the ‘three words’ approach (I learned this from Chris Brogan). My words were: Create, Think & Lead. I’ve written more important stuff (at least to me) on this blog than I used to and I kicked off another blog focused on my photography.
- My wife’s photography business is starting to see a bit more life. The economy has taken its toll but we are starting to see a bit more traffic and interest from potential clients.
- I’ve disconnected from a lot of things that were taking up way too much of my time. While this has been hard to do, it’s been necessary to allow me to focus on those things that will bring the most benefit & value to me in the future.
What does the rest of 2009 hold? I’m not sure…but I’m positive it will be a good 6 months.
- I’m anxious to kick off a few projects that I’ve been thinking about and can’t wait to see the results.
- I’ve got a couple interesting side projects that have been brewing for a while…they are looking like they might show some signs of life later this year.
- I’ve submitted a few articles & papers to academic journals & trade publications…hopefully I’ll hear back on whether they are accepted for publishing.
How has the first half of 2009 been for you?