- Are You Really Marketing or Just Advertising? by Alan Belniak on MarketingProfs Daily Fix Blog
Quote: How many companies push words on a paper and crank out brochures, yet call “marketing”? Marketing needs to be more about segmentation, sensing, sizing, understand pain points, and creating an attractive value proposition.
- How We Built 4 Pillars of Business Greatness by Terry Starbucker on TerryStarbucker.com
Quote: About 3 years ago, after 20 years in the service business, I came to some high level conclusions about what I thought were the core “pillars” of business greatness.
- Square Peg, No Hole on Jonathan Salem Baskin’s Dim Bulb
Quote: There’s been lots of talk this year about using advertising to “monetize” social media tech like Facebook and Twitter. I want to go out on a limb and suggest that the idea is a deal with the Devil, at best, because it misses (and misuses) the point of the media.
- 10 Questions That Will Always Make You Better by Larry Brooks on Problogger
Quote: It’s the asking, the awareness, and the empowering context established through asking, that sets a higher bar for your writing, your business and your life.
- On Writing Well by Arthur Morris on BIRDS AS ART
Quote: When I write, I try to keep everything simple. Because I read so much when I was a kid, I usually have no problems with clarity, sentence structure, and grammar. My old and good friend Johann Schumacher advised that I should write the way I speak. “Don’t try to use fancy words,” he cautioned, “Be yourself.” Julie Ridl gave me some great advice also: “Include lots of first-person anecdotes in your how-to writing.” I hear their words each time that I sit down at the laptop to write.