- Motivation Over Talent and Process by by Jurgen Appelo on NOOP.NL
Quote: Processes are not enough to make people more competent. You need motivation first, or everything else won’t work.
- Estimation in an Almost Agile Shop by John F. Bauer III on Midwest IT Survival
Quote: In order to meet a communicated business need within a business defined time-frame, a perceived number of technical tasks need to be accomplished that don’t initially appear feasible in that given time-frame.
- 5 Suggestions For What Should Be On A CIO’s To-Do List Right Now by Dr. Jim Anderson on The Accidental Successful CIO
Quote: The time has never been better to make an impact in the success of your company as the CIO. However, there are a lot of different things that can conspire to distract you from tacking the tasks that really need your attention. Here’s a list of 5 items that should be on every CIO’s to-do list:
- On IT Resistance To Change by Elliot Ross on A Dime a Dozen Small Business, Tech and Talk
Quote: Your business technology must support your organizational strategies and your business goals. And that can include the tactical decisions you make to support those goals.
- CIO: Chief Inspiration Officer? by Jonathan Reichental, Ph.D on O’Reilly Radar
Quote: When the master of ceremonies turned to me to address the advice I would give CIOs, I wanted to directly speak to what had been on my mind. I responded, “The CIO should not think of him or herself as the chief information officer, but rather as the chief inspiration officer of the technology organization.”
- Do You Know Your Competitors? By Skip Cohen on Going Pro 2010
Quote: It hit me how many photographers fail to take the time to really get to know their competition, especially when they first get started. For example, if you were opening a new studio, wouldn’t you want to know how many other photographers there were in the area? Wouldn’t it be important to know what they sell so that you could position your own skill set and products in the strongest possible way?