- Why Best Practices Are Hard to Practice by Ron Ashkenas on Harvard Business Review
Quote: One of the characteristics of great companies is that they actively learn from others. But to be successful at doing this requires more than just identifying and borrowing best practices; it also requires adaptation to your culture and full adoption by your leadership. Without paying attention to these two steps, it is unlikely that best practices will actually be put into practice.
- Breakin’ the Law: Corporate IT Policies and the Mobile Workforce by Simon Mackie on GigaOm
Quote: Thanks to broadband and mobile technology, the tools and the very nature of work are changing, but are corporate IT policies keeping up?
- Is Social Media Creating A Digital Tipping Point? by Jeff Bullas
Quote: We now live in a society that verges on a digital tipping point that wraps and integrates our lives with the Web and it is no longer considered a luxury but a necessity in our modern lifestyle.
- Meet the New Enterprise Customer, He’s a Lot Like the Old Enterprise Customer by Ben Horowitz on Techcrunch
Quote: If you are selling to consumers or companies that behave like consumers, then moving away from the old channel models may make perfect sense. However, if you plan to sell to a large enterprise, keep in mind that the new boss is the same as the old boss.
- To Find The Truth, Look Somewhere Else by Simon Sinek on Re:Focus
A great article showing the folly of focusing on one ‘answer’
- Heretical Thinking: Enterprise 2.0 is Dead by Bob Warfield on SmoothSpan Blog
Quote: The Business Social Scene has rolled forward under the banner of the Consumerization of IT and not much else. That’s a polite way of saying they’ve copied everything they can from Facebook, Twitter, and online BBS systems, without adding much innovation of their own. They’ve made it possible to visit the water cooler without leaving your desk, but that’s hardly an excuse for big ROI payoff.
5 responses to “Links for November 14 2010”
Links for November 14 2010 http://restwrx.com/ak0Y8K via @EricDBrown
Links for Nov 14 2010 – some great stuff here today – https://ericbrown.com/links-for-november-14-2010.htm
Links for November 14 2010 | Eric D. Brown
#baot Reading: Links for November 14 2010 http://ht.ly/19Y4pF
.RT @ericdbrown: Links for Nov 14 2010 – some great stuff here today – http://bit.ly/aQ9eoV