- Ten Reasons Why the Agency Model is Broken by Valeria Maltoni on Conversation Agent
Quote: Agencies need to change how they work with clients, or they will keep changing agencies like underwear.
- Stop Surprising And Delighting Customers—Just Solve Their Problems! by Linda Ireland on MarketingProfs Daily Fix Blog
Quote: …. marketing leaders get lost in trying to “surprise and delight” customers with the latest in technology and gadgets, or the most liberal service policies. All those additional features and options are bound to make customers happy in the moment, but if you don’t solve the problem that triggered them to act in the first place, their satisfaction–and your business performance–will fade quickly
- “It will be good exposure” by Seth Godin
Quote: …just because it’s free doesn’t mean it’s a good idea (or a bad one). It means you should think hard about how everyone benefits (including you)
- Who Needs a MBA When You Have Hustle by JK Allen on The Hustler’s Notebook
Quote: Bottom line, college degree or not – you own your results…not some piece of paper, no abbreviations or letters after your name, not the state of the economy and surely not any of your excuses. If you want to win – then go do something about it…and win.
- Know the Cleaning Lady: A Lesson in People by Amy Taylor on Brains On Fire Blog
Quote: We will meet many people this week – clients, customers, colleagues, the checkout girl at Publix, the guy at the parking garage toll booth. All are significant. Be on the lookout for Dorothys, quiet leaders and silent heroes. Remember that each person that crosses our path is an opportunity for a touchpoint. Even if it’s just a smile and a hello.
- Execution Is The Only Real Barrier To Entry by Phil Pearlman
Quote: …even if your business is protected to some degree by intellectual property, barriers to entry are low if you are not executing. Someone will eventually come along and apply a totally novel and better way of doing something that is not protected and they will snack on your sandwich.