- CIO’s Must Make Enterprise Architecture a First Class Citizen by Mike Walker
Quote: I wouldn’t necessarily make everyone use an architecture method as it’s not right for all problems. However, can we get people to think more like architects, yes! Can we get people to understand why we need architecture, yes! Can we get more people to appreciate the methods, activities, deliverables and key outcomes EA’s wish to achieve, yes!
- IT and social media by Tom Catalini
Quote: With more and more interactions (but not necessarily transactions) going digital, IT is in a unique position to help facilitate, structure, and inform the efforts of those who are not so accustomed to working in the world of ones and zeros. Conversely, IT can learn a lot about working in a world of business interactions, client relationships, and service that has traditionally been more about human interaction than anything else.
- IT & the CEO: A Dangerous Gap by Mary Jander on Internet Evolution – IT Clan Editor’s Blog
Quote: Yet apparently, a gap remains between CEOs and IT that can lead to problems. Sometimes, it’s only after a crisis occurs, as it did at Hyundai Capital, that consciousness is raised and priorities adjusted.
- Building Great Teams by Neil Pearce
Quote: My job as the leader is to blend these ingredients into something that is valuable. The other stuff that might be on a standardised recruitment check list very much comes secondary for me.
- A Memory and a Miracle by Wally Bock on Three Star Leadership Blog
Quote: As a boss you have more opportunity than most to affect the lives of others. Do what you can every day to create miracles all around you.
- Would You Rather be Revolutionary or Evolutionary? by Jeff Stibel on Harvard Business Review
Quote: For the most part, revolutionary ideas are implemented and commercialized by entrepreneurs who make evolutionary advances:
- Social Business Strategy: The CIO Shortlist by Dion Hinchcliffe on Dachis Group Collaboratory
Quote: So, I’ve culled from my conversations with business and IT leaders in 2011 this CIO shortlist of social business strategy imperatives. Obviously the transition to social business applies to all IT and business leaders, but 2011 has certainly been the year where this conversation has moved into the corner office.
- Everyone Wants Better. No One Wants Change by Jonathan Fields
Quote: Everyone wants to own the result, nobody wants to own the process.
3 responses to “Links for July 26 2011”
Published: Links for July 26 2011 http://ericb.co/jeqt13
Links for July 26 2011 http://bit.ly/itbUAw from @ericdbrown
Fm @ericdbrown: Links for July 26 2011 http://bit.ly/jfc8WM