- Who Owns Social Media? Everyone and No One by Steve Radick on Social Media Strategery
Quote: Does Marketing own Social media? PR? What about IT? All good questions. Radick argues that nobody really owns social meda and says that organizations should build a social media governance board to manage and own social projects.
- Want To Influence? Listen – by Steve Roseler on All Things Workplace
Quote: If you want to be an influencer within your organization, you’ve got to learn to listen. Listening will help you gain the understanding the needs of the organization and better prepare you to deliver the needed results.
- If They Don’t Fit – Get Rid of Them by Marisa Keegan on Fistful of Talent
Quote: In this article, Marisa Keegan argues that companies need to rethink their hiring practices to ensure that they are truly hiring the people that will fit the organization.
- Have You Found Your Fans? by Kneale Mann on One Mann’s Opinion
Quote: Take a lesson from the Green Bay Packers – find your community, build it, love it and live it. Stop trying to sell your product/service and start finding your fans.
- Why “top down” innovation is difficult by Jeffrey Phillips on Innovate on Purpose
Quote: Innovation can’t be forced down upon the organization. In this post, Phillips provides an excellent overview of why.
- Why America Needs To Start Educating Its Workforce Again by Vivek Wadhwa on Techcrunch
Quote: Organizations today are having a tough time training their employees. Many managers are scared that they’ll pay for training and then lose the employee. In this article, Vivek Wadhwa explains why that thinking is wrong.
- The Siren’s song of linear planning by Don Sull on FT.com
Quote: Great introduction to the dangers of linear thinking and linear planning. First in what appears to be a series of articles on the topic from Don Sull.
- Creativity Alone is Not Enough by Chase Jarvis on the Chase Jarvis Blog
Quote: Creativity isn’t enough to succeed any longer says Jarvis. Add some innovation and strategic thinking to help you get to where you want to go (that is…if you know where you want to go)
6 responses to “Links for July 11 2010”
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jeffrey Summers, Eric D. Brown. Eric D. Brown said: Published: Links for July 11 2010 http://bit.ly/aF6Gw1 […]
Published: Links for July 11 2010 http://bit.ly/aF6Gw1
Links for July 11 2010 http://restwrx.com/bDGiwf via @EricDBrown
Links for July 11 2010:
Who Owns Social Media? Everyone and No One by Steve Radick on Social Media Strategery
#baot Reading: Links for July 11 2010 http://ht.ly/185N12
Fm @ericdbrown Links for July 11 http://bit.ly/bAF2hS