- Two Things to Remember as You Change the World by Mary Jo Asmus on Aspire-CS
Quote: Patience and perseverance. You must have both. Together, and at the same time. In this world I’ve learned that there are very few quick fixes, despite what you might hear from marketers. That cream that will get rid of wrinkles in two weeks or the diet that will help us lose 20 pounds in two weeks are fairy tales. So it is with most good outcomes – they often take more time than we’d like, requiring you to have a calm demeanor and firm determination.
- Tell Your Customers Why They Don’t Need You by Charles H. Green on Trusted Advisor
Quote: You probably want your customers to trust you. And you probably tell them the truth about why they should buy from you. You might think that’s enough for them to trust you, but of course it’s not. Oddly, what’s missing is telling them something about why they might not need you. Here’s why.
- Enterprise microblogging should be pay-per-use by Martin Jinssen on Business or Pleasure? – why not both
Quote: 2011 will be the year of rapidly increasing social monetisation – at least attempts are being, and will be made
- One Day the Cloud Really Will Be Big: The Economist by Jeremy Geelan
Quote: The article’s guesstimate is that “revenues generated by computing infrastructure as a service in 2010 may exceed $1 billion.”
- Three Tips for IT Success During M&As by Loraine Lawson on ITBusinessEdge.com
Quote: The article includes a slew of other valuable tips and information – including why Day 100 is so critical and how CIOs can become a key player in identifying potential acquisition targets as their M&A skills improve. For instance, the article notes that in companies with a flexible, streamline approached to IT, it’s easier to ascertain which deals are a good beat and which are not.
2 responses to “Links for Jan 9 2011”
Published: Links for Jan 9 2011 http://bit.ly/ibxgUh
RT @ericdbrown: Published: Links for Jan 9 2011 http://bit.ly/ibxgUh