- A Four Step Process for Evaluating Risks in Social Business by Jacob Morgan on CloudAve
Quote: I just finished reading “The New Supply Chain Agenda,” by Reuben E. Slone, J. Paul Dittmann, and John T. Mentzer which is a great book for anyone interested in supply chain management. One of the chapters in the book talked about evaluating risks for supply chain initiatives and I thought the model they used makes perfect sense for the social business space.
- Five top concerns about cloud service providers by Laura Smith on TotalCIO
Quote: The cloud computing ecosphere is a noisy neighborhood. How can CIOs cut through the hype and choose the provider for their needs? There are almost as many questions to be asked as there are cloud service providers fighting for survival. Here, we look at five top concerns, with advice from IT executives deep in the trenches, as well as from industry experts.
- Reimagine IT: the 2011 CIO Agenda by Mark McDonald on The Gartner Blog Network
Quote: Its time to reimagine IT as business and technical changes require CIOs to answer new questions rather than just find new answers to old questions.
- How to Measure ROI On Branding Projects by Kathlika Thomas on IT Project Blog
Quote:…there must be a way to begin quantifying the return on an investment of this sort without having to go through what Macy’s experienced and from which they are still feeling repercussions at that location. Here are some ideas for putting together an analysis of the value of a brand initiative.
- Is Digitization Abetting the Jobless Recovery? by Andrew McAfee – Harvard Business Review
Quote: Technology is letting companies do more and more with less and less, and with fewer and fewer people. Automation, of course, has been going on for a long while now, but it’s picking up steam at present, and eating more deeply into the longstanding domains of things-that-people-are-needed-for.
- Are You Wasting Money On Useless Knowledge Management? by Ian MacMillan, Max Boisot, and Martin Ihrig on The Conversation – Harvard Business Review
Quote: Is your company investing in expensive knowledge management systems that are useless for making big, strategy decisions? Most companies recognize the need for knowledge management, but often delegate it to the IT and HR departments without linking it to corporate strategy, often thereby wasting both resources and the strategic options their firm’s knowledge could generate
- IT Budgets Flatline, As CIOs Take To The Clouds by Eric Savitz on Tech Musings – Forbes
Quote: Corporate IT buyers are finding themselves lured to the cloud, and for a very good reason: they think it will save them money.
3 responses to “Links for Jan 23 2010”
Published: Links for Jan 23 2010 http://bit.ly/glWGwy
Links for Jan 23 2010 http://restwrx.com/eO8Lx2 via @EricDBrown
Fm @ericdbrown Links for Jan 23 2010 http://bit.ly/glnfaG