- Open Innovation: The Heart of Small Business | Free Enterprise
Quote: The small business often has the advantage of proximity to their customers, but this proximity also means that it may be difficult to "see the wood for the trees". Yet thanks to new social, mobile and connected technologies, there is much a small business can do to identify new areas of value in their products and services. Open innovation is fast becoming the heart and soul of a new, more dynamic small and midsized enterprise. The opportunity is greater now than ever for smaller competitors quickly to develop actionable insights, collaborate with others to turn innovative ideas into real business opportunities and be a truly disruptive force in their market.
- More enterprises hopping onto clouds, despite PRISM gloom — Tech News and Analysis
Quote: Cloud providers’ budgets are outpacing those for enterprise data centers as more enterprises adopt the cloud. That means more money coming in for cloud security companies and other ancillary businesses.
- Does the Data Scientist Have Mojo? #BISUM
Quote: The data scientist needs to be defined based on the need of the business, not on an industry definition.
- Overcoming the barriers of going global through cloud and mobile technologies | The Frugal Networker
Quote: To overcome the barriers, you have to engage expertise that you don’t have. You have to find someone who’s been there and done that. And you have to find someone who’s done it many times before–successfully.
- What the cloud will look like in 3 years | Cloud Computing – InfoWorld
Quote: Perennial management, security, and data issues will remain key, but they will look different than they do today
- How to Evaluate Moving Legacy Mission-Critical Apps to the Cloud – Computerworld
Quote: Enterprises will have to evaluate each application case-by-case to determine whether it’s best-suited to a physical environment, virtualized environment, private cloud, public cloud or hybrid cloud, he says. In every case, trade-offs will be required.