Obviously, I haven’t forgotten how to keep this blog updated, but I have ignored it for the past 2 years (and before that there was a 6 month delay in posting).
There’s been a lot going on in my life these past 2+ years. I’m sure there’s a lot going on in everyone’s lives since Covid started.
What’s been going on in my life?
- Moved to Colorado in 2019. I absolutely love this state and everything about it. As a photographer, it’s an absolute dream to live here.
- In December 2020, I joined Colorado 4×4 Rescue and Recovery, a non-profit search and rescue organization focused on rescuing and recovering people that get stuck / lost in the Colorado mountains. Earlier this year, I stepped into the Treasurer role of this organization.
- In August 2021, I (along with my business partner) sold part of our business (Sundial Capital Research) to a private equity firm in Canada. I’ve remained involved in day-to-day operations and remain a minority shareholder and have remained the Chief Information Officer (until recently…see below).
- Two weeks ago, I resigned as Chief Information Officer at Sundial. I will be moving on to some new, exciting things. After seven years of helping to build Sundial, its time to start something new. More info on that soon.
- In the mean time, while I work on a few entrepreneurial ideas, I’ll be picking up some work as a fractional CIO / CTO and some data science / machine learning consulting. If you need some help, reach out.
I plan to start publishing some content here again in the near future. For those of you that have stuck around, thank you.