Last week I was looking for something to read on my Kindle and saw Guy Kawasaki‘s new book titled Reality Check: The Irreverent Guide to Outsmarting, Outmanaging, and Outmarketing Your Competition.
Long title huh?
I’ve read most of what Guy has written in the past so I figured this would be a good book too. I’m always interested in what Guy has to say….but I’m disappointed in this book.
Now…before you start to jump me, undertsand something: I’m disappointed because it feels like I’m reading Guy’s 2004 book titled “The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything“….I’m on chapter 6 or 7 and don’t feel like I’ve read anything new.
The book has some real-world information that will help startups and small businesses but if you’ve read Guy’s other stuff, this won’t be anything new. The description of the book does say it is compilation of previous work….if you’ve not read much of his previous work, this is the book for you.
The book is excellent for those folks who are looking for short snippets of information about starting and running a business today, specifically those looking for Venture Capital.
Do I recommend Reality Check? Absolutely…if you’ve not read Art of the Start or much of Guy’s other work. If you have, I’d say think about this one before buying.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Guy Kawasaki and John Gerzema to Give Keynote Speeches at Search Engine Strategies (SES) New York 2009 Conference & Expo (seomashup.blogspot.com)
- Guy Kawasaki and Matt McGowan to Hold SES Webcast on Friday (searchenginewatch.com)
- Guy Kawasaki Joins Prime Visibility at Search Engine Strategies Conference on March 24 (seomashup.blogspot.com)
- Guy Kawasaki says Twitter is Marketing Weapon in SES Webcast (searchenginewatch.com)
- 5 Things Reality Check Taught Me (simonsalt.wordpress.com)
- Guy Kawasaki Interview at mediaistro.com by dylan (800ceoread.com)