The first year of my doctorate program is done!
Actually…I finished my last course about a month ago but with the Fall 2008 semester starting next week, I figured I should claim the First Year is complete.
During the first year I took five courses:
- INFS 614 – Introduction to Research
- INFS 720 – Systems Analysis and Design
- INFS 724 – Project & Change Management
- INFS 834 – Knowledge Management
- INFS 730 – Programming for Ecommerce
The Project & Change Management course had me worried (joke!)….i was a little upset that I would have to take the course but it turned out ok…I got 45 PDU’s for my PMP continuing education out of it.
The Fall 2008 Semester finds me taking some interesting courses. They are:
- INFS 805 – Design Research Methods
- Summary: The course develops skills needed for conducting research whose aim is to invent methods and techniques that make information systems more effective and efficient. Students will also acquire skills in developing research proposals that follow the design research paradigm and will learn how to publish such research.
- INFS 830 – Decision Support Systems
- Summary: The primary objective of this course is to introduce students to the concepts, techniques and applications of computer-based decision support systems. The course covers issues pertaining to the design, history, theory, practice, methods and techniques, new developments, and applications of computing technologies to support decision processes and decision-making by individuals, groups and organizations
It should be fun! Look for more info from me as the semester unfolds. Feel free to check out my Academic page for more info on my progress and/or the Doctor of Science program at Dakota State University.