- On Leadership, Teams, Success & Happiness by Mark Suster on Both Sides of the Table
Quote: It’s my belief that through exceptional leadership you attract great teams that do more than the sum of the parts. Nearly every company faces its crisis moments and only through the inspiration, focus and dedication of the leadership can you motivate teams to dig in deep and come out the other side stronger.
- Tony Robbins…greed…and you by Scott McKain
Quote: You have momentary margins but disconnected customers. You trade potential lifetime loyalty for the immediacy of pennies in profit.
- CIO IT budgets are stable, so why is everyone so interested in the CIO? by Mark McDonald on The Gartner Blog Network
Quote: According to CIOs responding to this year and past Gartner CIO surveys, CIO IT budgets remain flat and below their 2008 historical high. It will be sometime before CIO it budgets return to real growth. This creates a seeing paradox as IT suppliers project continued growth in the corporate IT market segment. So if budgets are flat, how can vendors continue to grow?
- Changing IT Mindsets From Deployment To Adoption by by Mike Gotta on Collaborative Thinking
Quote: As long as we equate project delivery with the end of the project – our frustration over time with “the new right answer” is going to follow the same cycle as previous techno-centric approaches. In many ways, what strategists and project leaders were saying is that delivery of the technology (e.g., blog, wiki, social network site, activity stream, micro-blogging) actually represented the beginning of the project from an organizational perspective
- Cloud Computing is Top Technology Priority for CIOs in 2011: Gartner By Jeremy Geelan on Cloud Computing Journal
Quote: “New infrastructure and operations technologies such as cloud services and virtualization … were selected by CIOs the most often and are the top-two technologies for 2011,” said Mark McDonald, group vice president and head of research for Gartner Executive Programs, as the results were announced of the 2011 CIO Agenda survey by Gartner Executive Programs (EXP).
- Consumer Tech: A Next Generation Point of View by Elliot Ross on Strategic Technology For the Small to Medium Enterprise
Quote: If we allow our next generation point of view to be focusing on managing the experience in the creation and consumption of information within business technology, and reduce our attempts to completely manage the environment, we will be beginning to think differently about the application of IT services.