- The Alchemy and Mystery of Leadership by Wally Bock on Three Star Leadership Blog
Quote: You will never know the impact you have on most of your team members, but you will have an impact. Set a good example. Treat people right. Leave the world better than you found it.
- The Real Point of Measurement and Social Media ROI by Jamie Notter
Quote: The only reason you measure something, is because it helps you learn. After measuring it, you know more, you understand more deeply, you have some new insight, maybe even you reach a new conclusion. But it’s only in the simplest of situations that a single measurement leads to a conclusion
- Wrong Side Of The IT Ecosystem By Chirag Mehta on CloudAve
Quote: When you look at the big picture, having a job is merely one piece of contributing to good standards of living. What about access to affordable healthcare and college education? There’s a significant opportunity to apply technology built in America to innovate in these areas. We are barely scratching the surface of what’s possible in healthcare as well as in education.
- Reward Value, Not Face Time by Tony Schwartz on Harvard Business Review
Quote: The job of a leader or a manager, I’ve concluded, isn’t to tell people how to get their jobs done, or when and where they do their best work. Rather, it’s to free, fuel and inspire them to bring the best of themselves to work every day.
- Social Business: Far Beyond The Like by Amber Naslund on Brass Tack Thinking
Quote: The maturity of social business is about a return to sound strategic principles while adapting to the implications and opportunities that accompany a more open and connected way of working, inside and out. A realization of those values is the end state. The tools are just one (small) part of the means.
- On The C-I-No by Elliot Ross on Strategic Technology
Quote: IT Leadership has the very real responsibility to ensure that the hackers, viruses and other nasties that exist on the Internet don’t run rampant within your company. However IT Leadership that make it impossible for business staff to perform their jobs – they will fail.
- Social Organizations transform culture from a constraint to a capability by Mark P. McDonald
Quote: Social Organizations ‘recompile’ the company culture by giving the organization meaningful work to do that spans organizational and process boundaries. They do this through creating mass collaboration that brings people together via social around a meaningful and compelling purpose.
- How to Turn an Obstacle into an Asset by Leonard A. Schlesinger, Charles F. Kiefer, and Paul B. Brown on Harvard Business Review
Quote: Successful people work with what they have at hand — whatever comes along — and try to use everything at their disposal in achieving their goals. And that is why they are grateful for surprises, obstacles, and even disappointments. It gives them more information and resources to draw upon.
- Limitations Spark Creativity by C.C. Chapman
Quote: Stop complaining about the things that you see as limits and rather look at them as a way to kick start your creative thinking and have fun producing amazing work.