- Why customer experience innovation matters now by Jeffrey Phillips on Innovate on Purpose
Quote: …firms that improve the customer experience, not just in purchasing but in all aspects of the customer’s engagement with your product, service or company will benefit. Increasingly, people are seeking more than a purchase. They are seeking a relationship with a brand or a company and expect to be engaged and rewarded by the relationship.
- Steve Martin & Internet Bullies by William Briggs on Samuel Bacharach’s Blog
Quote: Companies and leaders who conduct business online should take note. People on the Internet can be mean and often forget basic manners. Social media isn’t always a fun and entertaining way to generate consumer interest. Sometimes it’s just a sounding board for loud-mouths who are simply seeking entertainment.
- The Null Hypothesis by Jeff Cornwall on The Entrepreneurial Mind
Quote: Most aspiring entrepreneurs spend their waking hours trying to prove that their idea for a new business can work. They quickly gather some cursory industry data and talk with people already working in the industry with one thought in mind: “What can I uncover that will validate my desire to open this business?” They selectively only pay attention to information that reaffirms their desire to get the business open as soon as possible. As a result, they fail to uncover information that may not paint such a rosy picture about the viability of the business idea.
- Death Of The CIO, Birth Of The CBTO by George Colony on Forrester Blogs
Quote: I propose that you drop the term “CIO” and adopt a new moniker for the head of technology: “Chief Business Technology Officer” (CBTO). I was in front a large group of Forrester’s CIO clients in October and I asked them to describe the CBTO using a semi-comedic device: “You know you’re a CBTO if…” Here are some of the better entries:
- Overcoming 3 Crucial Challenges with Content Strategy by Valeria Maltoni on Conversation Agent
Quote: To be successful and own your social conversation, in addition to thinking socially, you need to also figure out how you’re going to get your organization to be in it for the long haul. You want to do that, because that’s where you need to be for your investment to be worthwhile.
- The road to sales success happens one step at a time by Pamela Slim on Escape from Cubicle Nation
Quote: …if your business is worth fighting for, if your big idea pulls at you deeply and will serve a market that needs what you have to offer, maybe you just need to keep taking one small step at a time.
- “What I want to talk about” – six words that say I don’t care about what you think by Mark McDonald on the Gartner Blog Network
Quote: You have heard these words sitting in the audience or perhaps you have spoken them when you have the floor. Either way the message behind these six words is clear. I am here. This is what I want to say. I do not really care about what you hear.
- 3 reasons job satisfaction requires discomfort by Scot Herrick on CubeRUles
Quote: Forget all the “performance review” stuff for your work out there for now. Take a hard look at your job performance. With flinty eyes, condescending looks, and with the air of superiority required to make sure you are really critical of the work you do and how you could improve.