- Unlocking the Mayor Badge of Meaninglessness by Umair Haque – Harvard Business Review
Quote: Social media needs to enlarge its blinkered, myopic perspective on what the social really means. Trivialization, dehumanization, enslaved by the promise of a point, a badge, or a trophy, another friend, follower, or fan — that’s the very definition of antisocial
- Social Networking in the Enterprise on CIO Insight
Quote: Getting users and applications connected in a secure, reliable stream can mean the difference between leading and being left behind in an increasingly social world.
- Impatience Kills Startups by Chris Yeh on Adventures in Capitalism
Quote: We live today in am impatient world. In many ways, that’s good. We’re unwilling to wait for the world to change; instead we go out and change it. But this impatience has a cost.
- Control Technology Choice, Not Technology Use by Andrew McAfee
Quote: …exercise tight control over technology choice, and as little as possible over technology use. Tight control over technology choice ensures that a big organization doesn’t wind up with hundreds of disjointed deployment efforts and fragmented technology environments. This leads to confusion among people and mutually inaccessible walled gardens of content, neither of which is good.
- Champions of agile marketing by Scott Brinker on Chief Marketing Technologist
Quote: If I could pick one word to define the future of marketing, it would be agility. All the shifts in technology, media, channels, connections, and culture we’re experiencing have combined to accelerate the clockspeed of marketing.